EN6482 New Technologies in Language Teaching

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Internet for English Teaching - Sample Web Projects

In this section, the authors list some case studies of incorporating the Internet into teaching. I find this section very interesting and useful, especially those projects for primary schools.

I love the Primary School Webfolios. I hope that I can try this one out with my class, but I'm afraid that I don't have enough time. The e-mail cultural exchange project is attractive to me too. However, it seems difficult for me to find some native speakers to exchange emails with my students.

I really hope that I can integrated IT into my students' language learning. I created a blog for my students a few months ago and encouraged them to express themselves there. However, only a few students visited the blog and most of them wrote in Chinese or even Cantonese. I am thinking about ways to increase my students' interest in visiting the blog and writing in English. Do you have any suggestions?

3 comments:

Christoph said...

Hi Venus,

You might get some ideas about blogging in education if you read my post and the posts that I've linked to. I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

Christoph

Kwong-chuen said...

Or you may post some I.Q. questions on your blog and invite responses from your students. Once you've got good responses, you can show them to the other students and award the active participants. I think primary school students may like that. (Frank Ip)

Christoph said...

Regarding Frank's idea, I wonder if the 'poll' tool in the blogger template is any use for that purpose? If you like, you could try it out with this blog!